Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh, Play Along

Today the Lord showed me something pretty interesting.
I was sitting in my room spending time with Him this morning and out of nowhere I started to think about what it would be like if I walked out my door and denied the Lord. If I walked downstairs and told my family I didn't believe in God, that I think it's all a lie. Just a big fib. What if I stopped going to Bible studies? What if I stopped attending church & didn't allow myself to pray or worship? Even further, what if I actually stopped believing?

Nothing in my life would be valid. My goals would become vapor. My love for others would have no meaning. My tesimony would become void. If my life was just a hoax--how much more would the One I worship & adore become like a book full of fictional pages in a library of lies?

& while all of this is quite devastating to dwell on,
there's an element of pure ecstasy in it all. For instance, knowing that my life has been built on a solid rock, a firm foundation. Then knowing that the heart that I hold so dear is also the very heart that the Savior of the world has decided to come and live in... forever.
All very comforting concepts. In a way, looking at what I would lose if I lost Christ gave me a better perspective on what exactly I gained when I gained Christ.
And to take it one step further than that, what I give when I share Christ.

But how can they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe without hearing about Him? And how can they hear without a preacher? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How welcome are the feet of those who announce the gospel of good things!
Romans 10:14&15

1 comment:

johnQIII said...

I have always kind of wondered on my bad days if maybe one of the other religions are right.

Then I think of all that God has done for me healing and all the blessings and the love that is shows and then I read the Bible and it is so spot on about love and then I look at Jesus life and it gets me back on track pretty fast. I aslo believe that it is ok to questions our faith because if we dont then it's good to be challenged in our faith, as it does serve to strengthen it. If we fear to look deeper, then perhaps we have little faith to begin with. It takes courage and a certain measure of confidence, but I think it's worth it in the long-run.

ok maybe I got a little of track but that is what came to mind. :)

btw I just wrote a new post.

peace!