Thursday, March 20, 2008

People seem not to know that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have problems.

I mean we all have problems. But, I'll be the first to shout it from the rooftops.
It's great to live in a world full of fallen people, you know? I mean, it would be better if we could all be in perfect harmony with our Maker and with one another.

But, if we're going to have problems I want it to be all of us. Together.

Many people don't know this about me but I don't remember the last time I got mad at someone for disliking me.

I think a lot of people look at me & think that I think that I have it all together. They hate that about me. Especially people @ school and a few at church. Mostly just the people who know nothing about me and that I have NOTHING together.

Today, I had an encounter with someone who disliked me.
I never had the chance but I was just going to ask him why. I like knowing how people view me. It's kind of odd and some might view it as masochistic but I feel better about myself when I know my faults.

People who get mad at or get sad about people not liking them are a mystery to me.

When I realized the guy today didn't like me, it kind of put a smile on my face. It reminds me we're unique. It reminds me we're fallen. It reminds me that we're all in this together.

Most of all, it reminds me that I agree with him.

I will never deny that I have faults. EVER. You will never hear me do that. Not because I try to be honest, and it makes me even more perfect. But, because if anybody knows my faults, it's God. And then, if anybody else knows all my faults, it's me.

Why would I ever get mad at someone I agree with?

I've always wanted to get together with an intimate group of people and ask them what they like the least about me, in an uplifting way. I would expect them to be honest & realize that my faults don't make up who I am. I would expect them to be sensitive. So, in the least pessimistic way possible, I would want to know what they dislike about me. Mostly because people are always willing to tell you what they like about you. What they DISlike is almost never discussed. I understand, too. It just isn't socially acceptable. And, you'll never find me with enough gumption to bring it up to someone else.

&, the thing is, there are people I don't like. But, I would NEVER get rid of them. They make me stronger. And, I love them. It's easier to love than to like. A beautiful thing, love is.


much love

God loves you.
I love God.
I love you.
God loves me.

Love Love Love
Amor.

No comments: