Friday, October 17, 2008

Last night I had a pretty intense talk with my sister. It wasn't intense in the sense that we cried and laughed and yelled. It was intense in that we talked about stuff that we REALLY wanted to talk about.
I'm so used to the typical conversations I have with my friends. "How was work?" "Good."
"What was the homework for Tuesday?""Who would you vote for?""What are your plans this weekend?"
Last night me & Alex talked about the REAL stuff. The nitty gritty, so to speak.
We talked about how our parent's divorce effected us. About what we think of our parents, about how jealous we are of our friends.
We talked about the 'don't touch' subject in my life. That one boy. I would say his name but stupid girls would gasp. I told her everything that went on between us (stop assuming, I'm not talking about being pregnant). We agreed that one day I should write a novel based on our story and it made me realize that it doesn't have to be a horror thing for me. It can be a cool story and I can leave it at that. She thinks I should write him a letter to make my story cooler. I've tried but I'm just not sure about all that yet.
We talked about what we do and don't like about school. We got to talk about our newfound talents without feeling like stupid people who brag.
We talked about stupid crushes that mean nothing but say everything.
We talked about God a little here and there.She knows I'm in love with Him. I told her about my wonderful church and becoming a member. She thinks it's cool.
We talked about coffee. And how we prefer tea.
We just TALKED.
I wish there were more people in my life who would just TALK. Talk about the stuff that matters. The stuff you don't always want to talk about. Talk about thee stuff that hurts. Talk about stuff that's embarassing. Just TALK.

Relationships aren't build on the playground or at work. Relationships are built over coffee.
Relationships are built when people just TALK.

No comments: